Utility Networks – Advantages
Actelis Ethernet over Copper (EoC) Solutions and EFMplus leading technology gives Utility companies the following main benefits:
- Immediate and cost effective High bandwidth communication throughout the network over the existing copper –
- 200+Mbps asymmetric with 8 pairs bonded VDSL2/ADSL2+/ADSL2 solutions.
- 200+Mbps of symmetric traffic with up to 16 pairs bonded G.SHDSL solutions.
- Repeaters (G.SHDSL) and Amplifiers (VDSL/ADSL) for extend reach and expand bandwidth capabilities.
- Flexible topologies to allow for bandwidth distribution in Rings, Drop and Continue or Tree configurations
- High Reliability
- Bonded solutions – Link aggregation of traffic among multiple pairs for higher resiliency
- Service continuity under multiple failure scenarios
- Predictable performance and calibration
- High Robustness
- Extended Temperature – NEMA 3 certified
- Hardened Equipment
- Comprehensive protection against lightning
- Highly Secure
- Advanced authentication mechanisms
- SSHv2 support for secure file transfers
- SNMPv3 for secure and open network management
- Carrier Ethernet Switching and OAM
- Comprehensive VLAN aware layer 2 solutions, and advanced traffic management capabilities
- Advanced monitoring and troubleshooting using Y.1731, EFM OAM and IEEE 802.1ag
- Flexible Installations
- Compact device, fits also space constrained locations (i.e. cabinets)
- Wall mount, desktop, rack mount options
- Outside self-contained enclosure options
Moreover, in addition to deploying EoC to serve their internal networking needs, utility companies can further utilize their high bandwidth capabilities to deliver Carrier Ethernet services to business, enterprises, carriers and municipalities for additional revenues.